Friday, May 22, 2009

The Kitty Khorus Has Rolled Into Town

Well, my week is FINALLY over and I was able to get out of work at about 2:40 today. I drove straight to my apartment. I did not pass go, I did not collect $200.

When I got home, I pulled a dirty trick on the furbabies--I rattled the cookies, gave each cat one to snack on, and then ran to close the bedroom door. See, this keeps them from running under the bed when they realize--eek!--that I've got the cat carriers out.

I had already loaded the car, so I set about getting the Terrible Torties into their boxes. I caught Duchess after she was temporarily distracted by a Harley ambush. Then I turned around to get Bella.

Bella...?

My bedroom door was still tightly closed, and I could not find her anywhere. I had a sudden horrible feeling--what if she'd slipped outside while I was loading my car? But Bella is NOT curious about the outdoors, beyond watching Bird TV, so I knew she had to be around somewhere. Still, I peeked outside for a moment.

When I came back in, she was streaking across the living room (I still haven't figured out where she was hiding). I managed to catch her and get her loaded into her box.

Next was Harley, followed by Millie. They're old pros at this by now. I took my cats out to the car, loaded them in, started the engine, and trained the full-blast air conditioning on them. Then I ran back to the apartment for Bella, Duchess, and my purse. Finally loaded and ready, we hit the road.

The drive was pretty uneventful. There was a lot of crying at first, but they settled down later in the drive. Everyone was happy to arrive at our destination. Bella and Duchess have loved on their mom now, and Millie and Harley stepped in like they own the place.

Tomorrow, Mom and I are going horseback riding at A Chance For Bliss. Should be a great day!

No comments: