Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hello From San Francisco!

I'm in the computer room at Hotel Whitcomb, taking a break from all the sight-seeing I've done. Here's the run-down so far:

1. Got gas and a quick car wash in Stockton.
2. Drove 80 miles to San Francisco.
3. Crossed Bay Bridge, stopping on Treasure Island for some photo ops.
4. Drove through the city to the Presidio, stopping under the Golden Gate bridge for some awesome fog pictures, saw a whale!, and then to Baker Beach for ocean sounds and sand-in-shoes fun.
5. Drove to Japantown, looked around.
6. Got lost (happens every time I come here).
7. Found my hotel, checked in.
8. Wandered the neighborhood, stopped at the Asian Art Museum.
9. Knelt at the altar of St. Arbuck's for a Frappuccino and croissant (no lunch today).
10. Here I am.

Next up: Get dolled up, go to Heather and Arturo's for dinner, and possibly out for drinks later.

Tomorrow, I want to revisit Broadway street--there were some AWESOME signs, but no parking/time. So that's on my list.

1 comment:

Dani said...

A WHALE?! ARE YOU SERIOUS? I am jealous! I'm glad you're having such a good time, you deserve it after the year you've had!