Saturday, April 25, 2009

Woodland Scottish Games, Part 5: Culture and People and Food, Oh My!

There were so many things to see today. This post is to show the cool artisans, musicians, and dancers...and the yummy food.

Before you ask: No, I did not eat haggis. Though I did learn that it's not made in sheep intestines anymore.

Artisans

I stopped and spoke to a guy who was tooling a thick piece of leather--very interesting. I also saw a lady spinning wool and a man carving Celtic designs into stones.





Music

Of course, the big draw are the pipe and drum bands.







Of course, even pipers need a break:


There were harpists, as well, and the main stage had plenty of great acts.





Dance

I sat for a few minutes to watch some country dancing.




The dancers were quite good--especially the young man in jeans and a red shirt. He was adorable, yes, and quite the dancer.






Food

I was a bad, bad girl today. Well, the Shepherd's pie wasn't too bad of me, but the chocolate-dipped frozen cheesecake was (my excuse was that it was in honor of Bea Arthur...even though I didn't know when I bought it that she'd passed away).




A Walk Through History

I didn't spend too much time in the Walk Through History part, but it was kind of interesting.










Next Up: Let the Games Begin!

1 comment:

Miz Minka said...

Chocolate dipped cheesecake???? OMG. No way I would have been able to resist either.