Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rain, Rain...Are You Coming or Not?!

I woke up this morning to some fierce-sounding wind outside my bedroom window. Imagine my surprise when I looked outside, expecting a soaked landscape, to dry ground. Throughout the day it has sprinkled a little, but never given the downpour I was expecting.

That said, it is COLD. C-O-L-D. Good news, because Summer and I are going to the snow tomorrow, and we're not going to have to drive very far up Highway 50 to find it. We'll be stopping for a lunch at a place where a fellow Chico choir nerd works, which will be fun. Watch for pics on the travel blog!

Summer is coming here tonight so we can get an early start. She should be here around 8:00. In the mean time, I just made a huge pot of potato-leek soup, and I've got the Oxygen Channel marathon of America's Next Top Model running behind me. I moaned and groaned my way through Dale Earnhardt Jr's adventure-ridden Daytona 500 today with two sleepy kitties.

In other words, it's been a marvelous Sunday.

No comments: