Saturday, February 21, 2009

Eating Well Looks GOOD

Today I went grocery shopping (after 35 minutes of cardio at the gym--yay, me!!). I piled up my cart with good things, like veggies and fruits, boneless/skinless chicken breasts, and brown rice. I bought Raisin Bran and whole wheat bagels, and a wonderful new thing that Philadelphia has put out: Spinach and Artichoke Cream Cheese. Only 80 calories per serving!

It occured to me while I was unloading all of this stuff that healthy eating really is very pretty.



I coated three chicken breasts in flour and seasonings (garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley flakes and Italian seasonings) and baked them. I cooked some chicken-flavored brown rice I found at Marina Market. I made a small Greek salad using a basalmic vinagarette that doesn't have any oil in it--so it's only 5 calories for two tablespoons.

The results were very appetizing, and they tasted as good as they looked.


I measured everything, eating exactly four ounces of chicken, one cup of rice, and one ounce of Feta cheese on the salad.

I can definitely live like this. It's healthy, it's delicious. I bought a couple of one-serving bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs because, every once in a while, it's okay to splurge on a little bit of chocolate. The trick is to not eat it every day. I'm also drinking the last of the Dr. Pepper I had in the house tonight. From now on, that will be a rare treat.

Thanks to everyone who has voiced their encouragement--I need cheerleaders!

2 comments:

PrettyPrettyPrincess said...

Meg, I am so happy for you! And so impressed. Keep blogging about it! You are inspiring me :)

Meg said...

Aww, cool! I will keep blogging about it, 'cause it also keeps me honest. Stay tuned--I just took pics of my breakfast. LOL