Friday, January 02, 2009

Time For Tea

This afternoon, I had Miz Minka over for tea, and a lovely time was had. I love finding any excuse to use Grandma's china (which Mom so kindly let me have when I moved to Antioch). It was fun to use it today, and I know Grandma would love that it is being used again.

Of course, tea just wouldn't be tea without cucumber sandwiches. I pulled out my super-cool slicer to make super-thin cucumber slices--worked like a dream!


I made two different kinds of tea sandwiches (cucumber, and cream cheese, celery and toasted walnut), and quiches for the savory.



I cheated on the deserts and scones, buying cranberry orange scones and the most adorable petits fours at Marina Market.



Grandma's china comes complete with sugar and creamer containers, so the whole setup was very nice (despite a few mismatched items, like my tiered plate holder, and the blue-and-white teapot).



We had a lovely afternoon, chatting, drinking tea, and eating. Miz M. brought two mini chocolate bundt cakes with a lemon glaze drizzled on--delicious! Harley and Millie were both sociable, and it's safe to say that Harley has won over yet another fan.

Tomorrow I'll be singing with Chorale all day, and Sunday will be a marathon scrapbooking day with Summer. Then it's back to work, but I don't mind that. I'll be working with the preschool students at my school every day from now on, which will be great fun. I might try to get some ECE (Early Childhood Education) units to help me teach them better--the youngest I'm used to is Kindergarten.

For now, however, I've got Bend It Like Beckham in the DVD player, and two sleeping kitties behind me in the Sweet Spot. I'm scheduling more posts for my new sign blog, which is fun.

A lovely day, for sure.

No comments: