Friday, December 05, 2008

Purrrfect Timing?

I've wanted a second kitty for a while now, and this week, I started really buckling down and researching my options in San Joaquin County. I'm not too picky, but I have certain criteria:

1. It must be a shelter cat. I want to save a life.

2. It must be a cat with a good purrsonality...and an ability to defer power to Queen Millie.

3. Already being spayed an up-to-date on shots is a big plus.

Of course, there's always the temptation to get a baby. I adore baby cats, and they're so sweet and cuddly. They're also playful, excitable, busy, and in need of constant supervision. I'm not quite sure I have the time to put into that relationship right now.

So I researched. And I found Munique.



I OFTEN GET OVERLOOKED BUT I’M REALLY A SWEETIE
Munique has litter-ally spent most of her life in the Sanctuary. She was born in July 2002 and is a spayed female DSH brown/ grey/gold, Tortie/ Tabby. She is a quiet, sweet girl who gets along with everyone and is waiting for that purrrrfect family to call her own. Before she came to the Sanctuary something broke her tail, it now hangs limp but is in healthy condition and it doesn’t detract from my beauty. I’m a pleasant girl and I do like some attention although I won’t overwhelm you. I’d really love to share your home. Her vaccinations are current; combo tested for FIV and FELV and is negative, wormed and advantaged. Indoor only. You can visit Munique at our cat Sanctuary.


My heart instantly started weeping for a cat that has never truly had a "furrever" home. Then I got to the part about her wonky tail and thought how awful it is that people don't seem to want the less-than-perfect animals. I expressed interest in this Unique Munique in my application form; today I received a call from a lady at the shelter, who sounded so hopeful that maybe, finally, Munique might be considered. And I really started thinking that instead of talking the big talk...I might actually walk the walk, write the check, and adopt a cat who needs a home.

So tomorrow, I'm going to drive to Lodi to meet Munique. If I think she's a good match for Millie and I, I might just adopt another M-name into my life. I've even figured out a middle name.

Are you ready for this?

Wonkytail.

1 comment:

Miz Minka said...

Purrfect!!! "Wonkytail." Love it. Oh, I hope it's love at first sight! :D She sounds very sweet.