Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Progress! ...Or Maybe Not

Knowing my Millie-girl as I do, I am able to see the barely-discernable progress she is making with Harley.

For example, she isn't hissing quite as much as she was. And he can get close to her without her snapping at him.


This isn't to say that it's all peace and love, however.



All in all, I'm seeing Millie resign herself to the fact that she's got a little brother. She's still sweet and loving with me, and our relationship is the same--except that when I cuddle her, there is sometimes a little twerp crashing the moment. She's handling the whole situation with remarkable grace.

And Harley?

He stays busy. It's favorite toy seems to be the "birdie mouse," a leopard-print mouse with elaborate feathers sticking out its rear end.



He's also rather fond of the empty toilet paper roll I gave him a few days ago.

Speaking of toilet paper, I have temporarily removed it from the roller thing next to the toilet. Instead, it resides in a drawer across from the throne. I need to make a Target run for more TP--in the mean time, my last roll will NOT fall victim to kitten claws! In this economy, I can't justify the waste.

So Harley dude continues to thrive, and Millie continues to get used to being a big sister. I think, in time, they'll be friends. I look forward to the day I don't have to lock Harley in the bathroom at night, and can let him cuddle with me. He is a total Mama's Boy.

No comments: