Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Newest Blogging Venture

On Mom and Dad's computer (where I am blogging from tonight), I have 276 sign pictures. There are even more, of course, on my computer at home.

I LOVE taking pictures of signs. Wherever I go, if I see an interesting sign, I get a picture of it. Even in my own town, and yes, I've started snapping pics of the great signs that Stockton seems to have in abundance (the first I got was Pacific Bowl).

The habit started when I went to London for a semester in 1999. I loved the pub signs, and took pictures of a few because some were just downright funny (Filthy McNasty's, anyone?). I kind of forgot about my sign fixation for a while, but when I went back to England in 2004, I started finding them again.

So tonight, I started a new blog, Sign of the Times. I just made 20-something posts, all scheduled to post themselves at 10:00 in the morning, for most of January. There will be new material posted often, I guarantee it. Posts are short, and the emphasis is on the picture, though I do often include links to the places I'm taking pictures of.

Anyway, check it out, tell me what you think. And, if you go somewhere with me, please humor me when I take pictures of signs.

No comments: