Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Peppermint Tea

Urgh. I am so not feeling well today.

It started yesterday as a twinge and an, "Uh-oh...here it comes." This morning, I awoke to find it had progressed to, "Blleeeeeeeech." My throat hurts, my nose is stuffed, and I am very, very sleepy.

So I pulled out the ole Sub Finder card, and drove a lesson plan over to the school. Everyone who saw me said, "You sound awful!" and my principal took a deliberate step away from me in the hallway, smiled, and more or less told me to go home.

So here I am, in my warm jammies. I've just finished a cup of peppermint tea. It's herbal, with no caffeine, and it's marvelous. Peppermint is good for clearing out the nasal pasages. Just breathing in the steam while it brewed felt great. Drinking it helped, too. Now I'm ready to lie down for a bit. I won't fall asleep right away, so I'm going to read and cuddle with the cats.

Speaking of the cats, Mom and Dad are back in the U.S., and will arrive home tonight. They're coming tomorrow for Bella and Duchess, and my three weeks of babysitting will come to an end. I'm actually a little sad! They're sweet babies, and Millie and I will be back down to just the two of us. I tried to tell Mom that she can't have the girls back, that I'm keeping them, but she wasn't having it. I suppose, in the end, I couldn't do that to my own mama!

Right. It's time for me to get some rest. Out with the contact lenses, and in to bed I go.

No comments: