Saturday, May 03, 2008

Wild and Crazy (and Absolutely True) Saturday Night

It's 11:40 pm, and I'm sitting here with my cell phone at my ear, listening to canned music and the occasional, "We apologize for the delay. An advice nurse will be with you as soon as possible." The operator told me it could be an eleven-minute wait.

I cannot account for my right contact lense.

A little while ago, I went to take my contacts out for the evening. The left one is now resting for the night in its half of the case, bathing in fresh contact solution. The right contact has lodged itself somewhere in my eye, and I cannot find it. I think I can feel it, but I can't get it out.

Great.

So I'm sitting here, waiting to talk to an advice nurse about my options. While I've been waiting, I've flushed my eye out (didn't help), put my face up to the mirror a dozen or so times, and crawled around on the bathroom floor with a flashlight, just in case the little bugger washed out and I missed it. But I don't think that's the case, because I'm pretty sure I feel it in my eye, like a fallen lash that won't get unstuck.

I tried to make myself cry from frustration, but the anti-depressants are really doing their job, so no go. I'm blinking rapidly, trying to get it to move, but no luck thus far.

Fun.

No comments: