Sunday, April 06, 2008

No More Drum-a

Yesterday was the last of the drum line competitions I will go on. On one hand, I'm relieved--no more U-Hauls, no more loading and unloading equipment. No more worrying about the $10,000 marimba and people getting lost. On the other hand, these kids have been awesome, and it is bittersweet to know that I won't be with them next year. They have grand plans, and they ask me, "Can we do this next year? Can we do that next year?" It kills me to smile and say, "We'll think about it!" while knowing, inside, that I won't be back.

But then, I (try to) work with my two advanced choirs and I remember why I'm glad I'm leaving. Even a colleague who covered my class once noticed they don't like to listen.

Anyway, drum line is finished, and it's on to Anaheim this weekend with my choirs.

No comments: