Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tag...I'm It!

Shae tagged me, so I'll post the random facts about myself...unfortunately, I don't have anyone to tag when I'm finished! So I guess it ends with me.

The Rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.

5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Random Things About Me:

8. I hate phones, unless I am talking to my parents or a very dear friend. I prefer email, letters, smoke signals...just don't make me talk on the phone (especially if it is the parent of a student!!).

7. I hate walking barefoot on grass. When I was seven, a teacher told my 2nd grade class about how, every time we step on grass, we step on thousands of tiny little organisms. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've walked barefoot on grass in the twenty-two years since that date. I wonder if there's a phobia name for it.

6. I love bubblegum flavored ice cream. I had a birthday cake with it when I was little, from Baskin-Robbins. I think the cake was chocolate and the ice cream bubblegum. Horrid combination! But I love, love, love bubblegum ice cream. Found some at Safeway a few weeks ago and nearly swooned in delight.

5. I love children's books. Even though I'm not currently teaching elementary students, I still have a large collection. Some are left over from my own childhood--I have a ton of old Berenstein Bears and Snoopy books. I love wandering the children's section at Barnes and Noble. I guess it reminds me of happy childhood memories or something.

4. The first CD I recieved (as a Christmas present) was U2's Actchung Baby album. I also got a gift card to Tower Records, so the first CD I bought was U2's The Joshua Tree.

3. I will never, ever, ever land in London's Heathrow airport without a huge smile on my face. Landing in London is symbolic of so many good things in my life.

2. I end every phone conversation with my parents with "I love you." Even if I'm annoyed.

1. My favorite household chore is vacuuming. There is something satisfying about watching debris get sucked up, and it also burns calories. Least favorite household chore: anything to do with potty--cleaning the toilet and dealing with Millie's litterbox.

1 comment:

Sassy Shae said...

Meg. Please come vacuum at my house. :)