Monday, September 03, 2007

Ready or Not...Here I Come

And I'm ready. I really am.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I'll be welcoming my kids back to choir; and my hope is that this year is smoother all around. It has to be, really--how could it be any worse than last year?

I type this at 8:30 Monday night. I am sitting at the computer with a gel eye mask strapped to my face. It's the type that can be used cold or warm. I have it cold right now, to minimize puffiness. Makes my vision a bit strange (feel a bit like a racehorse, without the carrots) but I can still see the screen as I type, so it's all good.

Being me, I set aside tonight as a Pamper Me night. I've just emerged from my bathroom after taking a long, candlelit soak in the tub. I used a special enzyme exfoliator on my face and sat with a hot wet washcloth over it for the steam benefits. I thoroughly shaved my legs and exfoliated like mad. After the bath I lotioned my whole body, plucked my eyebrows, put a special moisturizer (goes with the exfoliator) on my face, and spritzed on my gorgeous Givenchy perfume.

Also being me, I had to have at least one Bridget moment, which came when I blew out one of my candles. Not wanting the smoke to drift over to the smoke detector, I had the oh-so-bright idea to shake the candle...which resulted in hot wax on my hand, arm, and my right breast.

Fortunately it wasn't too hot, and while I'm still finding flaky bits of wax in wierd places, it doesn't hurt. No burns.

So here I am. My skin is soft. I smell marvelous. I feel relaxed and ready to go. I am drinking a Best. Cosmo. Ever. (See the previous post.) In a few minutes I will retire to the bedroom with a cuddly cat and a good book. Lovely.

Tomorrow? Who knows exactly what it will bring? I'm confident, however, it will be good.

No comments: