Sunday, March 18, 2007

Oh, the Pain...

Adulthood has its advantages, for sure.

For example, I love having my own place. The laundry room is never compromised, I can play my music when I want, and the TV isn't constantly going. If I want to be half-frozen, that's my choice. Finally getting a lot of money back in the form of my state and federal tax returns--over a thousand dollars--fabulous!

But adulthood has it's disadvantages. Like depositing that $1,000 on a Sunday morning...and turning around that night and putting it towards the old Mastercard payment. Ouch!!

Instead of saving for a summer jaunt to London or Seattle, I am paying for some online classes I have to take. It seems that the learning fun never stops for teachers. There's four classes (health, mainstreaming, computers 1 and computers 2), at $500 a pop. Oh, the agony!

It could have been worse--if I'd taken these classes through National University, they would have cost $1,300 a pop...highway robbery.

So yeah, it sucks, but it's part of adulthood. Right up there with giving half of my monthly paycheck to my apartment manager, or remembering to run the dishwasher so I have clean forks. It's like litterbox duty--not my favorite job on the planet, but worth it in the end because I've got Millie.

Besides, I have a shrine to London in my dining room, and no one can complain, because it's my apartment. I guess this adulthood thing can't be that bad.

No comments: