Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We Have a Dial Tone!!

Yes folks, that's right. Our phone is up and running--two days ahead of schedule. Woohoo!!

Now we are waiting on the DSL software to arrive so we can set up the internet. So here I am, at Starbucks, drinking an Odwalla Orange Juice and reading my emails.

What's new in my world? Not a hell of a lot, but here goes:

Antioch

I drove down on Monday, and have to go back tomorrow. I had a TB test done on Monday; tomorrow they'll look at my arm to see if I've reacted (which I haven't, other than a bruise). After that, I have a meeting with the lady in personnel, and then an appointment for a Livescan (fingerprints). I'm doing all of this stuff in Antioch because 1) they paid for the TB test because I did it at the Antioch Kaiser facility, and 2) the fingerprints should process faster if I do it at the Contra Costa County Office of Education.

I looked around some more on Monday and it's a nice enough town. I am starting to see where I could live and which areas I'll avoid. Like any other city of over 99,000 people, it has it's nice neighborhoods and it's sadder neighborhoods.

Social Life!!

I have one!

I met Summer for dinner last Saturday, and it was lovely to see her again. I will probably have lunch with a couple of old high school friends on Saturday, which will take me back to Folsom for the first time since December 2004. Heather and I have vague plans for a movie night at some point. Lots of people to see and hang out with, which is wonderful.

Kittygarten Graduates

Because they are shelter babies, Mom and I don't know when exactly Bella and Duchess were born, but we figure they must be near their first birthday. They're as big as Millie (and fatter) and absolutely beautiful. They're still kittenish in many ways, but I am proud to announce that they have graduated from kittygarten into the world of adult felines.

They're all doing well (Millie included) and seem to be settling into the new house quite nicely, with no lasting trauma. We keep finding mouse toys all over the place, so they're playing. They're eating and using the litter box, so we can't complain.

What's a Girl to Do?

I don't have internet at home, I'm not unpacking much because I'll just be moving again in August, so how am I passing my time at home?

When I'm not helping Mom and Dad unpack, I've been going through all of my digital photos that are saved on the computer and watching the Harry Potter movies. Life is good.

...And that's about all. My life is pretty danged lazy and boring at the moment, but after the chaos of moving, I deserve it!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: