Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Get a job, you...slob!

Yeah, that's what I'm telling myself these days. Well, I'm not really calling myself a slob (I'm actually quite tidy) but I am starting to get hyperactive about applying for jobs.

I am happy to report that I have a phone interview a week from today with Manteca. Yes, yes, they are 60 miles south of Sacramento. But hey, beggars can't be choosers, and until I start getting more interviews, I'm a beggar.

I will get a job. I will get a job. I will get a job.

In other job news, a big, huge CONGRATULATIONS to Heather, who interviewed for a job yesterday morning, found out it was hers at 6:00 last night, and reported for duty at 9:00 this morning. How's that for prompt service? Almost makes up for those jobs you interview for that never call back...

I'm also very, very pleased to note that finally, FINALLY, the Tomkitten has been born. Now, can we please shut up about Weirdo and the Brainwashed and step away from the tabloids? I'm sorry, but all that Couch Aerobics really ruined Top Gun for me. I fear that if I watch it, I'll start picturing Maverick and Iceman eating placenta and jumping up and down on Oprah's couch. Really, Tom...I could hate you for ruining the shirtless volleyball scene.

*Sigh*

Let's hope that the press leaves them alone now--they're higher on the We-Don't-Care-O-Meter than J-Lo and Ben Affleck ever got.

(But click here for a relationship timeline for Tom and Katie anyway.)

In other randomness, I've discovered a new workout--the rowing machine. I'm using it as sort of a weight training for my back and arms. That thing rocks! Add 150 reps on that to 50 minutes on the elliptical and some major stretching and strength conditioning, and you've got a well-worked out girl. Who promptly came home and pigged out because it had been about 8 hours since her last meal...we need to work on that (but hey, part of that pig-out was a large salad with lots of greens).

On that note, I'm tired. It is bedtime. I have a busy day tomorrow--yelling at 6th graders, getting my hair done, working out...and applying for jobs.

No comments: