Friday, January 20, 2006

A Whale of a Tale

There's a whale in the Thames!



Yes, my friends, I found this great little tidbit at BBC News Online. There is a whale swimming near the Houses of Parliament. No word on if it has a political agenda, or if it's just in London to see a West End show.

My favorite quote from the article:

Reports of two whales in the Thames were first received on Thursday by the British Divers Marine Life group.

But at 0830 GMT on Friday, a man on a train called in to say he might have been hallucinating, but he had just seen a whale in the Thames.


I can remember Humphrey the Humpback swimming into the Sacramento Delta years and years ago. Apparently this is the first time a whale's made it so far into London. I only hope they keep all boats away from him and persuade him to go back to his safer home soon.

No comments: