Thursday, December 22, 2005

Deck the Halls

'Tis the season, of course, to throw up every imaginable Christmas decoration you can find. But this year we have not one, but TWO wily kindergatos running around.
Mom bolted the tree to a big box so that it can't be knocked over, and used only un-breakable ornaments (in other words, her mother's antiqute glass ornaments are safely packed away). I myself decided that the ever-growing collection of Snoopy ornaments needed to be kept safe, too. Therefore, I have an "England" tree this year. I bought a few of these the first time I was in London, and a few in the last year.


The ornaments in the basket were made by Mom and Grandma. They're little styrofoam balls with bits of fabric pressed into them.
I did put out two breakable ornaments--they're up by my TV, where the cats can't get to them. I liked the little Eiffel Tower ornament, and the shoe represents my addiction to cute shoes, and my belief that the answer to any dilemma is new shoes.
The rest of the house looks great, and fortunately, after some initial curiosity, the kindergatos are leaving the tree alone. Maggie is sleeping through the season, and Millie is too busy deciding what she thinks of the kindergatos to do much about destroying Mom's handiwork...hiss one minute, bathe them the next...

No comments: