Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fantastic!

One of the best memories I have from London Semester is one of the first memories I made.

My Chico State cohorts and I arrived in London on a cold Tuesday in January. That Thursday, we saw the musical "RENT." I didn't expect to love it or hate it, I just went along because I love theatre and wanted to get to know some of the people I'd be spending the next four months with.

I was floored. I absolutely loved this musical--the story, the characters, the music. I remember Jen and I sitting next to each other, bawling at one point, and me whispering, "Do you have any Kleenex?"

She had only one tissue, so she ripped in half so I could dry my eyes, too.

I was excited when I heard that a movie of this wonderful musical was being made, though I did wonder if anyone would be able to transfer the magic that is "RENT" on stage to the big screen. It seems they just might be able to. I found that the movie version has it's own spot at MySpace. It shows a couple different previews and both absolutely gave me chills.

It opens a week after Harry Potter. I'm there!

No comments: