Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Queen Sees All

I am soooo good...

I was sitting at my desk during a year 8 class a little while ago. The kids were working on some packets of stuff about Caribbean music. I was typing something up for a year 10 lesson I have tomorrow, when, in the reflection on my computer monitor, I see a football (soccer ball) flying through the air.

Busted!

I simply got up, took the ball, and went back to my desk. The two boys just knew they were in trouble, and got right back to work.

The other good news is I finished that annoying assignment my faculty leader was supposed to help me with. I figured it out without her help. I've decided that she is worthless and I'm not going to ask her for help anymore. She's putting on some silly "Expressive Arts Supper Theatre" next week. The funny thing is, she's just getting around to selling tickets for it, she hasn't told the Expressive Arts faculty what our duties there are, and it's not a supper, it's "light refreshments."

Anyway, if/when she tells me, "Oh, I need you to..." I'm going to tell her I can't make it because I have an appointment. Then I'm going to smile insincerely and say, "I'm sorry..."

But enough about school...I'm getting extremely excited about...





This weekend!

I have grand plans to spend Sunday on my rear end with this book, devouring it. This is going to be good. We'll see how Harry's doing at the beginning of year 12. He's in Sixth Form now, the same age as my mentor group.

Kathy and I have theories about whether or not Sirius is really dead. We shall see. I hope he's not...Harry needs him! Though at the end of Order of the Pheonix, my heart just bursts when I read the bits about how the Weaseleys and everyone else count him as family. So sweet.

I could go on and on, but I won't. ; )

And that's it for today.

Cheers,

Meg

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wishful thinkers you! Of course sirius is definitely dead. JK is no "we have to be soft on the children" type person. She tells it like it is. No way she'd bring Sirius back. It would betray the story.

Harry has to face whatever he's got to face (growing up, rite of passage to manhood, etc) ALONE... we all do, which is why it'll be Dumbledorewho kicks it in the last book.