Monday, July 18, 2005

Don't Stop Me Now

Lyrics throughout this blog update are from "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen.

Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive and the world it's turning inside out Yeah!
I'm floating around in ecstasy
So don't stop me now don't stop me
'Cause I'm having a good time having a good time


Right. Friday was a crappy day. Hellish. Nasty. Unbelievable. And, after my third update, it actually got worse. Most of you have now heard about the year 9 named Mark and what he said to me. Something I just did not need.

I'm a shooting star leaping through the skies
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva
I'm gonna go go go
There's no stopping me


But I'm pleased to say that it got better--that very night, it got better.

I went to the Sixth Form Ball and had a great time. The kids looked gorgeous, the staff got up and danced with them--it was a great evening. I'm very glad I went. I danced and danced, which was a tremendous pick-me-up.

I'm burning through the skies Yeah!
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm trav'ling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man of you


The rest of the weekend was pretty low-key. Harry Potter came by post (not owl post, unfortunately) and I spent much of Saturday and Sunday with my nose in that. I loved it! I won't give anything away to those of you who haven't read the book yet, or who plan to eventually read the series. But it was suspenseful, exciting, and I like the man Harry is becoming.

Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now ('Cause I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (Yes I'm having a good time)
I don't want to stop at all


Saturday morning I went out in Burnham to get my pictures developed and run some errands. It was a gorgeous sunny day and there were people walking everywhere and lots of boats sailing the Crouch. The thought that kept going through my head was, "I really, really love this place." I'll miss it very much.

I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars
On a collision course
I am a satellite I'm out of control
I am a sex machine ready to reload
Like an atom bomb about to
Oh oh oh oh oh explode


But I have a new adventure to go on, and I am looking forward to it. It's really wierd, wanting to leave so much and yet also wanting to stay. I'm very, very torn. If only I could love my job at St. Peter's as much as I love Burnham and the people in it.

Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time
Just give me a call
Don't stop me now ('Cause I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (Yes I'm having a good time)
I don't wanna stop at all


Anyway, I'm better today. Not so stressed, not so tired. I have another busy week and a lot of things to finalize--packing, shipping, weeding stuff out. Pictures to take, lunches and dinners and a staff party. A wedding. Before I know it, I'll be boarding a 747 and wondering where the hell this last year went.

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: