Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Pumpkin Poop

Yeah, you read that right.

Mom sent a great little Halloween care package with two pairs of Snoopy Halloween socks and a bag of Pumpkin Poop (Whoppers candy). It made me smile when I got it on Monday.

Today is another story.

Before I go into my little vent, I'll just point out that I do realize I will be okay soon.

But today, I feel like absolute dog crap.

I have a cold, for starters. The sniffly, constantly-blowing-the-nose variety. The kind that leaves you feeling tired even after 8 hours of sleep. Add on top of that the fact that I am bloated (my trousers were loose three days ago, tight this morning, and I'm eating very well these days) and cranky...well, look who's coming to town soon!

In other words, I'm a wreck today. I have been sleeping well, but I'm tired. I am emotional. I almost cried getting ready for work this morning. I went downstairs, started petting one of the cats, and almost cried then. I almost cried while walking to school. I almost cried while checking my email in the staff lounge. I knew then, "I can't do this today." It's not fair to me, it's not fair to the kids. So I talked to the Office Manager and she agreed that I need a day to recuperate.

I hate feeling this way...it's really not in my nature. But it reminds me that we need the bad days to appreciate the good. Well, I will appreciate the good!

I knew going into this that there would be bad days...I just have to live through them and the good ones will come back.

So, I'm off to have some Pumpkin Poop. And to hug Harry Bear. And to curl up in my old flannel blanket and relax.

Meg

No comments: