Saturday, September 25, 2004

Ahhh, Saturday

I should be thrilled that I'm sitting at home with nothing to do. I'm sooo bored!!

I really wanted to go to London today but I have the beginnings of a cold and a cold sore (ewww) and so I decided to save my energy and go next weekend. Besides, the Burnham Carnival is happening and I've been invited to ride on a float with my 6th form kids.

Too bad it's raining (and extremely cold!) out there. Hopefully it will stop in the next coupla hours. Otherwise I'll watch from the sidelines!!

It does kinda feel good to be lazy, though. I've checked my email, had a leisurely lunch, read a magazine (cried like a baby over an ad for the RSPCA that showed a dead kitten that had been thrown against a wall at 4 weeks...horrible! When I think of my girl...). And I got to sleep in this morning, which is always nice.

I've been researching travel prices for my half-term break in October. I want to go France. Not Paris, Normandy. I want to see the D-Day beaches and the American Cemetery and towns like Caen and Carentan, where Easy Company of the 101st Screaming Eagles fought after landing behind enemy lines on D-Day. Interesting stuff.

Other than my ramblings, not much to report. I'm feeling lazy and sleepy today.

All for now!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: